Hi Au Pairs!
I’m back with a delicious dessert recipe that I did several times in Ireland with the kids and they loved it.
It’s the two colours cupcakes recipe.
Just because the cupcakes ended up having two different colours, it was amazed for the children.
And the best thing is that it is super easy to do and the necessary ingredients are the basics. Then you can always improvise a little to personalize them or decorate them.
At the end, I’ll leave you some idea.
So let’s go!
Ingredients for two colours cupcakes recipe
- 200 gr sugar
- 200 gr butter (softened)
- 150 gr flour
- 50 gr cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Instructions for two colours cupcakes recipe
Firstly when we cook with children is teach them a good hygiene habits, so…
- Everybody clean his/her hands and we wear our apron.
- We take out 2 identical bowls to prepare the mixtures of different colors at the same time. In addition, it’ll make it easier for all the children to participate.
- In a bowl we put 100 gr of butter softened and 100 gr of sugar and we mix it. We repeat the same in the other bowl. They must be liquid.
- Later, we throw 2 eggs in each bowl and continue beating until it’s well mixed.
- Next, we take 2 smaller bowls and separate in one of them 100 gr of flour and in the other 50 gr of flour and 50 gr of cocoa powder. We add a teaspoon of baking powder in each bowl.
- We add to the butter, sugar and eggs, the mixture of flour and baking powder sifted in one bowl and in the other the mixture of flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Mix well to obtain the 2 final doughs.
- (OPTIONAL) To the mixture without cocoa powder you can add vanilla extract or a crushed banana to give it flavor. If you leave it like that, it’s also very good.
- Place the cupcakes molds in the oven tray and fill them carefully with a spoon, first half of one color and then the other.
The dough won’t be very liquid so this process is easy and the 2 mixtures remain more or less separated.
- We bake at 195º for 15 minutes. When you see that the clear part is golden, you can take them out. Check by putting a knife or toothpick in the center if it comes out dry. This indicates that they’re well made.
Once they are cold, you can decorate them all or just leave them like that. Being muffins of 2 colors are already striking by themselves.
And here finish this delicious two colours cupcakes recipe.
Ingredients can be found in any supermarket and I assure you that they are so tasty.
In addition, children are going to love baking it as much as eat it.
And they serve you for breakfast snacks or parties.